- All correspondence must be made through the Human Resources office.
- Answers to Summer Camp Jobs can be answered at 231.276.7342 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., EDT, Monday-Friday.
- Visit https://camp.interlochen.org/ to learn more about Interlochen Arts Camp and its programs.
Timeline for Summer Hiring
- New staff hiring typically begins after the first of the year
- Most camp positions do not have an application deadline date. We hire on a rolling basis until all positions are full. If a position does have a deadline, it will be indicated in the job description.
The Application Process
- International applicants can only be hired if they are able to obtain a Visa on their own. Interlochen is unable to assist with this process.
- International applicants who are on an F-1 Visa must apply for a CPT or OPT through their college/university. Please begin this process as soon as an employment agreement has been received as this process can often take awhile.
- A resume is required. A cover letter and work samples are recommended. These documents can be uploaded to your application by selecting "Apply (only click once) and continue to upload additional attachments".
- Some positions require supplemental application materials, read requirements closely.
- You can apply for multiple positions but, if offered two positions will need to decide and choose one offer. You are only able to work one position during Interlochen Arts Camp.
- Screening of applications normally takes two to three weeks. Supervisors will contact applicants via email or phone to schedule the interview. Most departments require a phone interview (Skype or Google hangouts may also be an option).
- Applications must have three references listed on the application with an email address. Reference forms will be sent to your references if your application is selected to move forward in the search process.
- Please contact anyone you list as a reference and let them know that they will be receiving a form to complete via email. Interlochen Arts Camp requires three character references for each applicant moving forward in the search process. Individuals who can be listed as character references include: current and past teachers, current and past employers, supervisors, adult co-worker, Interlochen Alumni, clergy, etc. Reference forms will NOT BE ACCEPTED if done by family members or minors.
- All Interlochen Arts Camp employees are required to wear the Interlochen Arts Camp uniform and follow the uniform policy. The uniform is not provided, but can be purchased from Interlochen Center for the Arts or the employees' choice of retailers.
- Interlochen Arts Camp staff who have a position that includes and choose to live on-campus will have a roommate and a shared bathroom with suitemates. Bedding, towels and toiletries are not provided and must be supplied by the employee.
- Interlochen Arts Camp faculty housing is available on a first come-first served, space-available basis. Room/cabin assignments are also based on single, double and family occupancy needs.
- Pets are allowed for faculty positions in a limited number of private non-dormitory housing units.